That is really one of the best and most scrumptious nut free vegan caramel corn recipe. Crunchy, candy, and salty, this tasty deal with is all the time a favourite. Make it for a celebration or simply for a particular deal with, and watch it disappear.
One among my favourite dessert recipes is caramel corn. The salty, candy, crispy mixture is just irresistible.
Caramel corn is ideal for nearly any event. It makes a terrific reward throughout the vacation season, it’s scrumptious for an outside film evening, and it’s excellent for any party.
It’s really considered one of my favourite treats – put a bowl in entrance of me, and will probably be gone within the blink of a watch!
In case you haven’t made this from scratch earlier than, don’t fear. It’s simpler than you suppose, and I’m going to stroll you thru the method, step-by-step.
- Popcorn – Please be at liberty to make use of any model of popcorn that works to your dietary wants. We just like the heirloom number of popcorn, as a result of they don’t have as many robust hulls. Be aware: In case you use common popcorn, it’s possible you’ll not want as many kernels. Heirloom Popcorn has barely smaller kernels, which is okay with me, as a result of they’re so scrumptious!
- Oil – You want oil to pop the popcorn. Natural canola oil works properly, however you can too use coconut oil.
- Corn Syrup – Gentle corn syrup is required to make the caramel – we use Healthful Sweeteners Natural Gentle Corn Syrup, however any model will work.
- Gentle Brown Sugar – Ensure to make use of gentle brown sugar. Darkish brown won’t work for making this caramel.
- Vegan Buttery Unfold – We use Earth Steadiness Vegan Buttery Unfold – it provides the caramel a beautiful, buttery taste. I’ve not examined this with every other kind of vegan butter.
- A heavy bottomed saucepan works greatest for making the caramel – it helps hold the caramel from burning.
- A sweet thermometer is a should in order that you already know when to cease cooking the caramel. Don’t be afraid for those who’ve by no means used a sweet thermometer earlier than. It’s straightforward to clip to your pan and tells you precisely when to cease cooking the caramel.
- A big bowl or giant deep pan can also be mandatory for mixing the popcorn and the caramel.
Ideas for Success
- A sweet thermometer is a should! It’s essential to cook dinner the caramel to the precise proper temperature.
- Ensure the thermometer doesn’t relaxation on the underside of the pan.
- Stir the caramel continuously in order that it doesn’t burn.
- Watch out when pouring the caramel over the popcorn – it is rather sizzling.
- Make sure to butter the roasting pans, or use parchment paper on baking sheets in order that the caramel corn doesn’t stick with the pans.
You possibly can retailer caramel popcorn in an hermetic container or ziploc luggage. It ought to keep recent for about 5-6 days.
It’s great for a vacation, party, or a Tremendous Bowl celebration!
Study to make SAFE, tasty meals for your loved ones. Join my community in the present day and begin getting all my greatest ideas, methods, and allergy pleasant recipes in your inbox.
Disclosure: This publish incorporates affiliate hyperlinks.
The Greatest Vegan Caramel Corn.
Candy, salty, tasty, vegan caramel corn is the right dessert for a celebration. This scrumptious deal with is dairy free, nut free, and gluten free.
vegan buttery unfold
I used Earth Steadiness Soy Free Sticks
I used heirloom popcorn. In case you use regular popcorn, you could possibly use much less
organic canola oil
or coconut oil
gentle brown sugar
light corn syrup
Preheat the oven to 250 levels F. Butter the underside and sides of a big roasting pan. (Relying on the dimensions, it’s possible you’ll want two pans). You would additionally use two parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
Pop the popcorn in two batches: Warmth 2 ½ Tablespoons of canola oil and 4 corn kernels in a big kettle with a lid over medium excessive warmth. As soon as the check kernels pop, take away the pan from the warmth, and add ¾ cup corn kernels. Put the lid on, and hold the pan off the warmth for 30 seconds. Then place again on the warmth. As soon as the kernels actually begin popping, shake the pan intermittently.
When there are 2-3 seconds between pops, take away the pan from warmth and pour the contents into the roaster. Repeat to pop the opposite half of the corn.
Make the caramel: In a heavy bottomed saucepan with a candy thermometer clipped to the facet, warmth the buttery unfold, brown sugar, and corn syrup over medium warmth. Stir continuously, till the sweet thermometer reads 255 levels F.
Take away the pan from the warmth, and add the vanilla extract, baking soda, and salt. Stir to mix.
Rapidly pour the caramel over the popcorn, and stir to coat. Watch out! The caramel is tremendous sizzling.
Place the caramel corn within the oven, and bake for about one hour, stirring each quarter-hour.
Let caramel corn cool utterly – it is going to crisp up because it cools off.
Retailer in an hermetic container.
Retailer popcorn in an hermetic container. It ought to keep recent for 5-6 days.
Relying on the kind of popcorn you utilize, it’s possible you’ll want just a little roughly than the quantity specified above. Heirloom popcorn has small kernels, and common popcorn has bigger kernels and pops up into bigger items.
Tailored from this recipe.