My strawberry cheesecake recipe makes a clean, creamy vanilla cheesecake topped with a brightly flavored, contemporary strawberry topping. It’s made fully from scratch and made WITHOUT a water bathtub! Recipe features a how-to video!
Candy Strawberry Cheesecake
Hellooooo candy summertime dessert. It’s downright stunning how lengthy it’s taken me to get this strawberry cheesecake up on the weblog to share.
Maybe my most requested cheesecake twist (and one of the traditional flavors), this web site has been sorely lacking this sweet-tart-tangy-creamy-out-of-this-world deal with. As we speak I add it to the ranks of my different decadently jazzed-up cheesecakes like my key lime cheesecake and peppermint bark cheesecake, and let me say it’s a welcome addition.
My recipe makes use of my crisp graham cracker crust, creamy, traditional cheesecake filling, and a vibrant, candy strawberry topping. Like my different cheesecake recipes, this strawberry cheesecake is made with out a water bathtub and is 100% from scratch. The topping comes collectively shortly and will be made with contemporary OR frozen berries. Really easy!
Cracks aren’t a lot of a priority right here since we can be protecting the highest of our cheesecake, however I’m personally a stickler about ensuring my cheesecake by no means finally ends up with them. In case you are a newbie or are also a perfectionist, positively learn via this put up in its entirety for many ideas for clean, crack-free outcomes.
What You Want
Surprisingly, this strawberry cheesecake requires simply 11 substances, and that’s accounting for the crust, filling, and the strawberry topping. As a bonus, I’d be prepared to guess most of them are already in your kitchen. Listed below are a number of key notes earlier than we start:
- Cream cheese. For those who’ve made any of my different cheesecakes, simply how essential it’s to make use of full-fat, brick-style cream cheese. Low-fat cream cheese or the kind bought in tubs simply gained’t provide the correct texture, sadly. Let the bricks come fully to room temperature earlier than starting so you’ve got clean, lump-free outcomes.
- Eggs. It’s essential that your eggs are at room temperature; eggs which are too chilly gained’t incorporate simply, which may trigger you to over-beat your batter. Not solely can this trigger cracks, however it will possibly additionally trigger your strawberry cheesecake to puff up, then sink.
- Bitter cream. I like the depth of taste from bitter cream; to me, you merely can’t make cheesecake with out it! Plain, full fats Greek yogurt may also work right here. And sure, this ingredient ought to ideally be at room temperature too, although it’s not as vital because the cream cheese or eggs.
- Strawberries. The flavour of your strawberry topping is very depending on the flavour of your berries, so be certain yours are juicy, ripe, and flavorful. This recipe is ideal for fresh-picked summer time strawberries, however it additionally works properly with frozen berries.
- Cornstarch. This creates a secure strawberry topping, however it should barely cloud the colourful purple coloration. I embrace notes within the recipe card if you happen to want to not use the cornstarch (simply save the sauce individually and high particular person slices after slicing).
SAM’S TIP: In case you’ll be able to’t inform, it’s essential to verify ALL of your cheesecake substances are at room temperature earlier than beginning! That is vital for guaranteeing a clean, beautifully-textured cheesecake.
Keep in mind, that is simply an summary of the substances I used and why. For the complete recipe please scroll all the way down to the underside of the put up!
Make Strawberry Cheesecake
Graham Cracker Crust
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs and sugars, then stir within the melted butter.
- Press the combination into the underside and up the perimeters of a springform pan. Attempt to get the crust as excessive up the perimeters as doable–this may assist forestall cracks. Set this apart when you put together your filling.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar till clean, creamy, and properly mixed. Use a spatula to scrape the perimeters and backside of the bowl to verify the whole lot is included, then stir within the bitter cream and vanilla.
- Add the eggs separately, mixing solely till simply mixed after every.
- Pour the combination into your ready springform pan and bake at 325F for 45-50 minutes or till the cheesecake is usually completed, however the heart remains to be jiggly.
- Take away the cheesecake from the oven and let it sit at room temperature till it not heat to the contact. Switch the cheesecake to the fridge to relax for at the least 6 hours, or if doable, in a single day.
- Whisk collectively the sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan, then add the water, lemon juice, and half of the strawberries. Flip the warmth to medium-low and prepare dinner, stirring always.
- Take away the sauce from the warmth as soon as the berries have damaged down and the sauce begins to thicken.
- Stir within the butter and remaining berries till mixed, then pour right into a heatproof bowl to chill. You’ll be able to place this within the fridge to hurry up the cooling course of.
- Spoon the cooled topping over the chilled cheesecake, slice, and serve.
SAM’S TIP: As tempting at it might be, don’t open the oven to verify in your strawberry cheesecake until you’re very near the tip of the bake time. Opening the oven ceaselessly or too quickly could cause a drastic change in temperature which causes…you guessed it: cracks!
Ceaselessly Requested Questions
I attempted making this strawberry cheesecake fairly a number of methods, together with including strawberries into the batter. I didn’t personally like how the berries affected the feel of the cheesecake although; they tended to weep and make issues a bit mushy. So I like to recommend protecting them on high solely!
Among the best issues you are able to do to stop cracks is to verify your crust is pressed larger up the perimeters of the springform pan than the batter is. Doing this permits the crust to shrink with the cheesecake because it cools, eliminating the stress that might trigger cracks.
One other factor you are able to do is be certain your strawberry cheesecake cools slowly; don’t take it straight from the oven to the fridge. I let mine cool at room temperature earlier than chilling, however you’ll be able to flip the oven off and open the door partway to assist it cool even extra slowly.
I personally suppose a crisp graham cracker crust works finest because it’s refined, traditional, and lets the opposite flavors of the cheesecake shine via. For those who’d prefer to make an Oreo crust in your strawberry cheesecake, you’ll be able to mix 35 pulverized Oreo cookies (simply the cookies, not the cream filling!) with 5 tablespoons of butter and press it into your pan as directed under. That is the crust I take advantage of for my Oreo cheesecake; I don’t suggest utilizing my common Oreo crust for this cheesecake, because it might leak out the springform pan.
Love fruity cheesecakes? Attempt my blueberry cheesecake or lemon cheesecake subsequent!
Get pleasure from!
Let’s bake collectively! I’ll be strolling you thru all of the steps in my written recipe and video under! For those who do this recipe, make sure you tag me on Instagram, and you too can discover me on YouTube and Facebook
Servings: 12 servings
Stop your display screen from going darkish
Graham Cracker Crust
In a medium-sized bowl, stir collectively the graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Stir within the melted butter till all the graham cracker crumbs are moistened.
1 ½ cups (170 g) graham cracker crumbs, 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar, 1 Tablespoon mild brown sugar, 5 Tablespoons (74 g) unsalted butter, melted
Press the graham cracker combination evenly into the underside and up the perimeters of a 9” springform pan. Use the underside and sides of a glass to assist do that. Put aside.
In a big mixing bowl, mix the softened cream cheese and sugar utilizing an electrical mixer on medium-low pace till clean, creamy, and fully mixed. Scrape the aspect and backside of the bowl with a spatula to make sure the substances are totally mixed.
24 oz (680 g) cream cheese, 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
Stir within the bitter cream and vanilla extract till simply mixed.
½ cup bitter cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Add the eggs, separately, stirring till simply mixed after every addition. Don’t over-mix or cheesecake will puff within the oven when baking.
3 giant eggs
Pour the batter evenly into the ready springform pan and bake at 325F (160C) for 45-50 minutes. The middle can be barely jiggly however the cheesecake needs to be largely set (video presents a visible at 7:50).
Permit the cheesecake to chill at room temperature till it’s not heat then switch it to the fridge to relax for at the least 6 hours. Ideally, let it sit in a single day. Don’t take away the springform collar till you’re able to serve.
In a small saucepan, whisk collectively the sugar and cornstarch. Add half of the strawberries, the water, and the lemon juice and set the stovetop to medium/low warmth. Stir always till the strawberries launch their juices and start to crumble simply when pierced with a fork and the sauce thickens.
1 ½ lb contemporary or frozen strawberries, ¼ cup (50 g) granulated sugar, 1 ½ Tablespoon cornstarch, 2 Tablespoon water, 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
Take away the sauce from warmth, add the remaining strawberries and butter and stir till mixed. Pour the combination right into a heatproof bowl and let it cool till not heat to the contact (you’ll be able to place within the fridge to hurry up the method) earlier than pouring over set cheesecake.
1 Tablespoon butter
Serve instantly (topping can be free and messy if served instantly) or let topping set for at the least an hour within the fridge for neat slicing.
Recent or frozen will work. If utilizing contemporary, I weigh my strawberries earlier than hulling/quartering
Cornstarch makes for a thicker, extra secure topping. As soon as the topping has cooled fully, it will likely be simpler to chop and gained’t spill over the perimeters of the pan or be messy. For those who want a looser consistency or intend to easily spoon the topping over particular person slices after slicing, you might omit this ingredient.
Cowl springform pan with foil or plastic wrap and retailer within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
Serving: 1serving | Energy: 443kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 6g | Fats: 29g | Saturated Fats: 17g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 8g | Trans Fats: 0.2g | Ldl cholesterol: 119mg | Sodium: 275mg | Potassium: 213mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 1062IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 91mg | Iron: 1mg
Dietary info is predicated on third-party calculations and needs to be thought-about an estimate solely. Precise dietary content material will range based mostly upon manufacturers used, measuring strategies, cooking technique, portion sizes, and extra.