This simple Raspberry Sauce makes use of simply 7 substances and takes lower than quarter-hour to organize. Drizzle it over cheesecake, waffles, or brownie sundaes–or simply get pleasure from by the spoonful!
7 Ingredient Raspberry Sauce
This simple do-it-yourself raspberry sauce may be drizzled over cheesecake, ice cream, yogurt, waffles–the probabilities are infinite! It has a vibrant, completely balanced taste that’s each candy and tart (and pairs so effectively with a brownie sundae…yum). The perfect half? It tastes simply nearly as good with frozen raspberries because it does with contemporary, so you’ll be able to get pleasure from all of it 12 months lengthy!
I want to go away the seeds in my sauce just because I believe raspberry sauce wants seeds (the feel is such a key a part of the raspberry expertise, in spite of everything), however you’ll be able to pressure them out if you would like yours to be silky.
This sauce may be served sizzling or chilly, and it makes a pleasant macaron filling (you might want to use a frosting dam to maintain it from spilling out although!). It’s a bit skinny to make use of as a cake filling, however I’ve an answer for that! Scroll all the way down to the FAQ part for extra.
Why make my recipe:
- Has a contemporary taste, even with frozen berries.
- Might be served sizzling or chilly with infinite makes use of.
- Just some substances and fewer than quarter-hour to make!
What You Want
You’ll want to assemble simply 7 substances to make this raspberry sauce. Moreover water and sugar, we might be utilizing:
- Raspberries. Recent or frozen raspberries work properly right here, so take your decide! In case your berries are particularly tart, you might want so as to add a bit extra sugar; style check to make sure.
- Cornstarch. The cornstarch thickens our sauce, however not a lot that it’s too thick or jam-like.
- Lemon juice. A splash of lemon juice accents the tartness of the berries and retains this sauce from being too candy.
- Butter. The butter is non-compulsory, however I like to recommend including it to offer the sauce a silky smoothness. Since we’re utilizing such a small quantity, you should use both salted or unsalted butter.
- Salt. Only a pinch enhances and balances the flavour.
SAM’S TIP: Identical to in my raspberry frosting, I decide to forgo vanilla on this recipe for a contemporary, raspberry distinguished taste. In the event you’d want a extra candied raspberry taste, be at liberty so as to add ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract while you stir within the butter.
Bear in mind, that is simply an summary of the substances I used and why. For the complete recipe please scroll all the way down to the underside of the submit!
Methods to Make Raspberry Sauce
- Mix all substances besides the butter in a saucepan over medium low warmth.
- Stir ceaselessly till the berries grow to be juicy and the combination could be very fluid.
- Enhance the warmth to medium and produce the combination to a simmer, stirring continually. Let simmer for one minute (nonetheless stirring continually) till the combination thickens and turns into deeper in colour.
- Take away from the warmth, stir within the butter, and pressure if desired. Let cool to room temperature earlier than overlaying and chilling.
SAM’S TIP: I haven’t tried it myself, however I believe that this recipe may also work equally effectively with blackberries. In the event you’re trying to make use of one other sort of berry although, I recommend you attempt my blueberry sauce or strawberry sauce.
Incessantly Requested Questions
You’ll simply have to pressure the sauce via a fantastic mesh strainer after including the butter. It can require a little bit of effort and nudging the sauce via to perform this. Notice that you’ll have much less sauce in the event you pressure out the seeds.
Sure! This recipe will hold in an hermetic container within the freezer for no less than a month.
Just like cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving, raspberry sauce pairs effectively with pork and poultry for Easter!
Get pleasure from!
Let’s bake collectively! I’ll be strolling you thru all of the steps in my written recipe under! In the event you do that recipe, make sure you tag me on Instagram, and it’s also possible to discover me on YouTube and Facebook
Servings: 8 servings (¼ cup every — recipe makes 2 cups)
Stop your display screen from going darkish
Mix raspberries water, sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, and salt in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-low warmth.
12 oz (340 g) raspberries, ½ cup (100 g) granulated sugar, ¼ cup (60 ml) water, 1 Tablespoon lemon juice, 2 teaspoons cornstarch, ⅛ teaspoon salt
Cook dinner, stirring ceaselessly, till berries launch their juices and combination turns into very liquidy.
Enhance warmth to medium and stir continually, deliver to a simmer.
Simmer, stirring continually for about 1 minute, till berries are damaged down, deeper in colour, and the combination is barely thickened (it ought to coat the again of a spoon).
Take away from warmth and instantly stir in butter.
1 Tablespoon (14 g) butter
If you need a seedless sauce, pour instantly via a fine-mesh strainer and discard seeds.
Enable to chill to room temperature, then pour right into a container, cowl, and refrigerate till prepared to make use of.
Retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as every week.
Serving: 1serving (¼ cup) | Energy: 85kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 1g | Fats: 2g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 0.4g | Trans Fats: 0.1g | Ldl cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 49mg | Potassium: 67mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 58IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 0.3mg
Dietary data relies on third-party calculations and needs to be thought-about an estimate solely. Precise dietary content material will fluctuate based mostly upon manufacturers used, measuring strategies, cooking technique, portion sizes, and extra.