This submit could include affiliate hyperlinks for which I earn a small fee at no additional price to you. For more information, take a look at my Disclosure Coverage. Thanks on your help!
For me Baileys is the epitome of Christmas – so it appears solely proper to create a gluten free No Bake Baileys Cheesecake for my Christmas day dessert!
With a buttery biscuit base created from gluten free chocolate Digestives and a easy and creamy Baileys cheesecake topping, it is a decadent deal with.
Plus you do not want an oven to make this – simply put together the bottom and the topping and go away it to set within the fridge in a single day.
I prefer to make this simple gluten free Baileys cheesecake the evening earlier than visitors arrive so in terms of the large occasion, dessert is already taken care of.
Cheesecake can be a type of desserts that’s usually arduous to seek out gluten free.
Most eating places do not supply a gluten free cheesecake, but they’re really easy to make – which is why I’m so excited to share this recipe.
I actually hope you will get into the festive spirit and revel in this No Bake Baileys Cheesecake as a lot as I did!
Is Baileys Gluten Free?
There appears to be plenty of confusion in terms of gluten in drinks however the excellent news is YES, Baileys is gluten free.
I believe the confusion usually comes as a result of Baileys Irish Cream is made with whisky – which is created from grains.
However in keeping with Coeliac UK, spirits derived from gluten-containing grains are gluten free and coeliac-safe as a result of the degrees of gluten are beneath 20 elements per million.
And as Baileys has no different gluten-containing elements, it’s gluten free.
It is a good job too as a result of we get by at the very least 4-5 bottles of it in our home within the run-up to Christmas.
You possibly can’t beat a Baileys espresso or sizzling chocolate however now this gluten free Baileys cheesecake is my new favorite approach to take pleasure in this tipple.
Elements and Substitutions
There is a full printable recipe card beneath with the strategy and elements.
However on your purchasing listing this is the primary elements for this No Bake Baileys Cheesecake and concepts for substitutes:
- Gluten Free Chocolate Digestive Biscuits: You should utilize regular digestives for those who desire however I just like the chocolatey-ness this provides.
- Butter: Melted butter helps convey the cheesecake base collectively. You should utilize a margarine for those who desire however I all the time use unsalted butter.
- Full Fats Cream Cheese: It is crucial you employ a full fats cream cheese, and a great high quality one at that. I all the time use Philadelphia because it’s constantly good for cheesecakes. Be warned, for those who attempt to use a low-fat possibility the cheesecake won’t set and can be a catastrophe.
- Double Cream: Also referred to as heavy creamy, that is what helps the cheesecake set when whipped up into gentle peaks.
- Baileys: After all the star of the present! You may want round 75ml of Baileys – if you do not need it too robust you possibly can reduce this all the way down to 50ml however any much less may render it a bit pointless.
- Baileys Truffles: I discovered these in TK Maxx however I’ve seen them in supermarkets with the Christmas goodies too. They’re gluten free and scrumptious – it is arduous to not scoff all of them! You should utilize any goodies you want to embellish the cheesecake however these made essentially the most sense to me.
Can I make this Baileys cheesecake dairy free?
Sadly Baileys is fairly heavy on the dairy – as is that this cheesecake recipe.
I personally do not just like the dairy free Baileys (nor do I believe it tastes something like the actual factor) so I would not recommend it as a substitution.
I additionally assume making such a dairy-dependant recipe dairy-free would require much more recipe testing than simply straight swaps.
You are greater than welcome to aim it however in the mean time I might say it might be very troublesome to make this dairy free.
Primarily as a result of at the very least 80% of the elements are dairy-based!
The right way to line a cheesecake tin
I might extremely suggest utilizing a springform cake tin for this – and the deeper it’s, the higher.
Ideally you need something a bit like this one which is 20cm.
If you do not have a deep cake tin you may attempt utilizing a bigger one which make a thinner cheesecake, however nonetheless style simply nearly as good!
I do like a pleasant thick layer of each the biscuit base and cheesecake topping although.
The rationale I’m going for a springform tin is it makes it a hell of lots simpler to ‘pop’ the cheesecake out as soon as it is set.
You may additionally wish to line the bottom of the tin to be sure you can take away the cheesecake from the bottom simply.
One of the simplest ways to do that is to pop the underside out, place a sq. of baking paper excessive so it overlaps the perimeters, then clip the tin again on excessive.
This may clamp down the paper and you’ll trim any extra to it sits neatly.
It is the best approach to get the cheesecake off the tin, a lot simpler than chopping a circle to suit the underside, as it is going to nonetheless get caught on the lip!
My gluten free no bake Baileys cheesecake
This No Bake Baileys Cheesecake is simply the proper fuss-free dessert and the gluten-eaters will not even know it is gluten free.
Make this up the evening earlier than in a 20cm tin for a cheesecake which is able to serve 16 – or 12 if you need a giant slice!
And please do go away a evaluate to let others know you really liked it too! It could imply the world to me.
Prep Time half-hour
Chil Time 6 hours
Whole Time 6 hours half-hour
For the bottom:
- 300g gluten free chocolate Digestive biscuits
- 100g butter (melted)
For the topping:
- 600g full fats cream cheese
- 300g double cream
- 100g icing sugar
- 75ml Baileys
- Grated darkish chocolate
- 10-12 Baileys Truffles
To make the biscuit base:
- Line the underside of a deep, 20cm springform tin with baking paper. Soften the butter both in a pan over a low warmth or in 10-second bursts within the microwave.
- Blitz the gluten free chocolate digestives in a meals processor till they kind a effective crumb.
- Add the melted butter and blitz once more to mix. Pour out the biscuit combine into the lined tin and press firmly into the bottom till it’s degree. I are inclined to pop this within the fridge whereas I make the topping.
For the cheesecake topping:
- Add the cream cheese and icing sugar to a big mixing bowl and beat with an electrical whisk till easy.
- Pour within the double cream and Baileys and whisk once more, beginning on a slower pace and bringing the mixer up a pace each 20-30 seconds. Proceed to whisk till the combination turns into very thick.
- As soon as the combination has thickened, unfold it over the biscuit base, utilizing a spatula to make sure it’s even and there aren’t any air bubbles. Easy the highest with a spatula or palette knife after which set within the fridge for at the very least six hours – preferable in a single day.
- To embellish, grate darkish chocolate everywhere in the cheesecake and high with the Baileys truffles. Serve chilled from the fridge.
This cheesecake is finest made the evening earlier than consuming to permit for setting time. Will preserve for as much as 3 days within the fridge.
Really useful Merchandise
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of different affiliate applications, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Want some extra gluten free Christmas inspiration?
Need to have a go at a number of the different gluten free Christmas recipes on the weblog?
Give a few of these different gluten free festive recipes a attempt!
I’ve additionally bought my gluten free Christmas web page with all the pieces you must take pleasure in a protected festive season.
There are lots to select from – listed below are a pair to get you going:
And when you’ve got any recipe strategies, please let me know within the feedback what you’d prefer to see subsequent!
Like this Gluten Free No Bake Baileys Cheesecake recipe?
Be sure you pin the recipe card below for later!