Fast and EASY Maple Cinnamon Sautéed Apples make the proper dessert topped with ice cream, a scrumptious snack all by itself, or served with oatmeal, waffles, and pancakes!
I really like recipes which might be fast and easy to throw collectively, and this cinnamon apple recipe really couldn’t be simpler! I’ve been making apples on the stovetop for my daughter ever since she began consuming strong meals and he or she LOVES them combined with a bit cinnamon. Her apples impressed me to make these scrumptious maple cinnamon sautéed apples made proper within the skillet in beneath 10 minutes! All you want is only a few easy substances and it will come proper collectively
Not solely are these apples so easy to throw collectively, however your kitchen will odor completely wonderful! This recipe is gluten-free with zero refined sugar used. They’re naturally sweetened with 100% pure maple syrup, coated in heat spices and simmered in apple cider! This recipe is basically apple pie filling with out the crust, as a result of who can wait that lengthy for a pie anyway??
Right here’s What You’ll Want
- Apples – I used honey crisp apples due to their scrumptious mixture of candy and tart, however any sort of apples will work for this. I wish to peel the apples as a result of my toddler loves these, however you might depart the skins on as effectively (which saves time too!)
- Butter (or coconut oil) – I’ve been making these apples for years and each butter and coconut oil work nice! Coconut oil has extra dietary worth and is a superb choice for those who’re vegan or dairy-free, however for my part butter all the time tastes higher 😉 Be at liberty to decide on no matter works greatest for you!
- Maple syrup – naturally sweetens these apples and tastes unbelievable with all the nice and cozy spices! You might additionally use honey, coconut sugar, brown sugar or different sweetener of selection
- Vanilla extract – provides these apples a lift of taste!
- Apple cider – ensure to make use of apple cider, NOT apple cider vinegar! That is what the apples simmer in and the cider actually enhances that scrumptious apple taste, you might additionally use water instead of apple cider
- Cornstarch – it will thicken the sauce and make it good and gooey!
- Spices – scrumptious mixture of cinnamon and apple pie spice with a pinch of salt (a pinch of nutmeg tastes nice too!)
Methods to Make Maple Cinnamon Sautéed Apples
- Peel and slice the apples. That is actually essentially the most time-consuming half and you may select to both peel your apples or depart the peel on, this tastes nice each methods. I all the time peel the apples since my choosy toddler likes to eat these and I additionally simply desire the look of the apples after they’re peeled.
- Sauté apples. In a big skillet over medium warmth, soften butter (or coconut oil), add apples and spices, mixing them effectively. Sauté apples for about 4 to five minutes within the pan till they’re delicate. In a small bowl, whisk collectively apple cider and cornstarch to make a slurry. Pour that into the apple combination together with the vanilla and maple syrup. Proceed to stir the sauteed apples for 3 to 4 minutes till the sauce has thickened up and begins to boil. The apples needs to be delicate and proceed mixing in order that the apples get utterly coated within the sauce.
- Serve! Benefit from the sautéed cinnamon apples instantly with some ice cream, on high of your breakfast or all on their very own with a spoon!
Methods to Serve Maple Cinnamon Apples
- Scrumptious topping for oatmeal, waffles or pancakes
- In a bowl with some melty vanilla ice cream or yogurt
- High with one thing crunchy like chopped pecans, walnuts or peanuts
- Add a dollop of whipped cream or perhaps a little nut butter
- Take pleasure in all their very own as a aspect dish or dig in with a spoon!
What Apples Ought to I Use?
I personally desire Honeycrisp apples when making this due to their candy/tart combo (I additionally all the time occur to have them in our fridge!) and so they maintain up very well too with out getting mushy. Be at liberty to make use of whichever selection you want greatest although as there are a lot of apples that may work effectively. Braeburn, Cortland, Pink Woman apples and Golden Scrumptious apples all make nice choices. Granny smith apples are usually fairly tart, however for those who like tart apples be happy to make use of them on this recipe.
Attempt to keep away from utilizing McIntosh, Gala, Fuji or Purple Scrumptious apples as they’ll get mushy when baked, however save these for once you need to make applesauce or cider!
Prepping and Storing
The wonderful thing about these apples is that they reheat very well! You’ll be able to retailer these apples in a sealed, hermetic container in your fridge for as much as 5 days. To heat these up, both add them again right into a skillet including a couple of tablespoon or two of water (or extra apple cider!) to loosen up the sauce or you’ll be able to merely heat them up within the microwave.
Extra Apple Recipes You’ll Love
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: 8 minutes
- Complete Time: 18 minutes
- 3–4 apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 Tbsp butter (or coconut oil)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp apple pie spice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup apple cider (not apple cider vinegar)(you might additionally use water)
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Peel and slice the apples, ensuring they’re all about the identical measurement thickness.
- In a big skillet over medium warmth, soften higher (or coconut oil), add apples and spices, mixing them effectively. Sauté apples for about 4 to five minutes till they’re tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk collectively apple cider (or water) and cornstarch to make a slurry. Add the slurry, vanilla and maple syrup to the apples and proceed sautéing for about 3 to 4 minutes till the sauce has thickened and apples are delicate, regularly mixing in order that the apples are utterly coated within the sauce.
- Serve the apples heat over high of waffles, pancakes or high with some ice cream! Take pleasure in!
- Serving Dimension: 1/4th of recipe
- Energy: 166
- Sugar: 18.3 g
- Sodium: 36.5 mg
- Fats: 3 g
- Saturated Fats: 1.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.6 g
- Fiber: 2.8 g
- Protein: 0.4 g
* Please notice that every one vitamin data are simply estimates. Values will range amongst manufacturers, so we encourage you to calculate these by yourself for many correct outcomes.