This Lemon Pasta recipe might be prepared in simply half-hour! It’s made with a creamy, contemporary lemon sauce and pairs completely with hen or shrimp. Makes an awesome weeknight dinner! Recipe features a how-to video!
My Favourite Lemon Pasta Recipe
This lemon pasta recipe is a lightweight and creamy Italian dish with a citrusy,
Mediterranean twist. It’s brightly flavored with contemporary lemons, olive oil, and shallots. It’s easy, comes collectively shortly, and makes an extremely refreshing weeknight dinner.
Pairing lemon with cream is a bit surprising, nevertheless it offers this dish a vibrant and contemporary taste that isn’t too wealthy. Collectively they create a silky sauce that coats the noodles fantastically with out being heavy like an alfredo sauce.
Why it’s best to strive it:
- Takes solely quarter-hour to prep and one other 15 to cook dinner.
- Could be made with any pasta form you’ve gotten available.
- Pairs properly along with your favourite protein, like seared hen or shrimp.
- Distinctive and satisfying taste that’s pleasantly creamy, however not overly wealthy or heavy.
What You Want
We’re holding it easy in as we speak’s lemon pasta recipe through the use of only a few high-quality elements. Listed below are an important ones:
- Lemon juice + zest. Be sure that to zest your lemon earlier than juicing it (a lot simpler that method 😅), and notice that you just solely wish to zest the brilliant yellow half, not the bitter white papery layer/pith. Additionally! In contrast to my lemonade recipe, you actually can not substitute bottled lemon juice right here; the flavour simply isn’t the identical.
- Crushed pink pepper. That is optionally available for these of you who don’t like warmth, however I really like the very slight kick a pinch provides to this lemon pasta recipe. Alternatively, you may also amp up the warmth with one other shake of crushed pink pepper, if desired.
- Heavy cream. We’ll subdue and complement the lemon with some heavy cream. Double cream or whipping cream may even work. I haven’t tried milk, however concern it will break up.
- Shallot. I really like utilizing a minced shallot for further taste on this lemon pasta recipe. You’ll be able to substitute minced garlic as an alternative if shallots aren’t your factor; see the recipe notes under for the substitution quantity.
- Parmesan. As in my risotto recipe, you might want to use high quality parmesan cheese and grate it your self! Don’t use pre-grated or shredded cheese, particularly not the stuff within the plastic shaker canisters. These cheeses include anti-caking brokers and may maintain the cheese from melting easily; solely freshly grated parmesan will create a clean sauce.
SAM’S TIP: A top quality pasta or home made pasta actually elevates this dish. I like to make use of spaghetti, linguini, or fettuccine. No matter kind you select, be certain to cook dinner your pasta til al dente and even simply shy of al dente, since we’re going to complete cooking it within the sauce.
Keep in mind, that is simply an summary of the elements I used and why. For the total recipe please scroll right down to the underside of the put up!p
Make Lemon Pasta
- Cook dinner your pasta in boiling salted water till al dente.
- Drain the pasta (don’t rinse!), ensuring to order roughly 1 cup of the water. Put aside.
- Zest and juice your lemon, ensuring to solely zest the yellow pores and skin and never the white papery layer. At all times zest earlier than juicing–it’s fairly difficult to zest an already juiced lemon!
- Soften collectively the olive oil and butter in a big saucepan over medium warmth.
SAM’S TIP: Save your pasta water and DON’T rinse your pasta after draining! The starches within the water and on the pasta will assist emulsify all the pieces collectively and create a silky, velvety sauce.
- Add the shallot, lemon zest, and crushed pink pepper. Cook dinner till the shallot is translucent.
- Whisk within the lemon juice till mixed.
- Slowly whisk within the cream whereas stirring continually. Let the combination come to a simmer, stirring ceaselessly.
- Cut back the warmth to low and stir within the parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Add the pasta and a splash of pasta water (our magic bullet fur a well-emulsified sauce, it really works in all the pieces from lemon pasta to tomato-sauce-based ragu).
- Toss all the pieces collectively over low warmth till the pasta is totally coated within the sauce.
SAM’S TIP: Prime your lemon pasta with extra grated parmesan, chopped contemporary parsley or basil, and salt and pepper to style. I additionally wish to garnish with a number of lemon slices–so fairly!
Incessantly Requested Questions
Pasta al limone is historically made with none cream and as an alternative solely depends on the emulsion of pasta water, butter, and parmesan to create a silky sauce. So I’d say my model is analogous, however not precisely the identical.
Seared hen or shrimp (like my garlic butter shrimp!) pair properly with this lemon pasta recipe. I like to recommend cooking your protein individually and including it on prime simply earlier than serving.
You may as well serve your lemon pasta with a aspect of breadsticks or garlic knots, steamed asparagus or broccoli, roasted brussels sprouts, or a salad.
Sure, however you’ll wish to reheat rigorously so that you don’t overcook the pasta or trigger the sauce to separate. I’d suggest following the information for reheating in my fettuccine alfredo put up, since that recipe is analogous.
I hope your loved ones loves this dish as a lot as mine does!
Get pleasure from!
Let’s bake collectively! I’ll be strolling you thru all of the steps in my written recipe and video under! For those who do that recipe, remember to tag me on Instagram, and you may also discover me on YouTube and Facebook
Servings: 4 servings (2 oz per individual)
Stop your display screen from going darkish
Carry a big pot of well-salted water to a boil. As soon as boiling, cook dinner pasta in accordance with package deal directions. As soon as pasta has cooked, reserve about 1 cup of pasta water earlier than draining noodles. Whereas pasta is cooking, start getting ready lemon sauce.
8 oz (226 g) spaghetti noodles
In a big saucepan, mix oil and butter over medium warmth.
2 Tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil, 2 Tablespoons (28 g) unsalted butter
As soon as butter is melted, add shallot, lemon zest, and crushed pink pepper and cook dinner till shallot is translucent (if substituting garlic, cook dinner simply till garlic is aromatic/30 seconds).
1 heaping Tablespoon finely chopped shallot, ⅛ teaspoon crushed pink pepper, 2 Tablespoons lemon zest
Whisk in 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice till mixed.
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
Whereas whisking continually, slowly drizzle in heavy cream and whisk till mixed.
¾ cup (177 ml) heavy cream
Carry combination to a simmer (whereas stirring ceaselessly). As soon as simmering, scale back warmth to low and add parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, ½ teaspoon desk salt, ½ teaspoon floor black pepper
Add heat, cooked spaghetti to the pan together with a splash (2-3 Tablespoons) of pasta water. Toss collectively over low warmth till pasta is properly mixed and properly coated with the sauce.
Prime with contemporary parsley, if desired, and serve.
Recent chopped parsley for garnish
Might substitute 2 teaspoons of minced garlic.
Utilizing freshly grated parmesan (with none anti-caking components) is crucial, in any other case the cheese won’t soften easily.
This dish goes properly with grilled hen or shrimp. I usually cook dinner individually then serve over the pasta.
Serving: 1serving | Energy: 532kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 13g | Fats: 33g | Saturated Fats: 17g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 12g | Trans Fats: 0.2g | Ldl cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 509mg | Potassium: 220mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 951IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 199mg | Iron: 1mg
Dietary data relies on third-party calculations and ought to be thought-about an estimate solely. Precise dietary content material will range primarily based upon manufacturers used, measuring strategies, cooking technique, portion sizes, and extra.