You’ll solely want 6 components to make this simple salted caramel sauce. It’s so easy and scrumptious and it makes for the proper topping for almost any dessert. From ice cream to brownies to cheesecake, you received’t have the opportunity to withstand.
Straightforward Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe
Simply listening to the phrases “salted caramel sauce” makes my mouth water. The wealthy, candy taste of traditional caramel with simply the correct amount of cream marries superbly with an ideal pop of salt, creating an unforgettable dessert topping. The addicting taste and the silky easy, velvety texture of this caramel sauce make it ok to eat out of the jar, however I suppose you can go a extra standard route and drizzle it over ice cream or a gooey brownie. Nevertheless you select to get pleasure from it, you received’t be sorry. Plus, it’s tremendous simple to make!
That is the proper recipe for these of you seeking to dip your toes into the world of caramel. Different variations, like my Basic Home made Caramel Sauce, are just a little trickier to get proper. This recipe, alternatively, is tremendous user-friendly and can yield fabulous outcomes each time.
Why You’ll Love This Home made Salted Caramel Sauce
I’ve been perfecting this salted caramel sauce recipe for years and, I’ll inform you what, it truly is one thing to put in writing dwelling about. Right here’s why I like it a lot and why I believe you’ll too.
- Surprisingly simple. Making your personal sauce would possibly sound sophisticated however it’s actually not. In only a few easy steps (and solely 6 components) you’ll have your self a restaurant-quality salted caramel sauce. You don’t even want a sweet thermometer for this one!
- Adjustable. You can also make this dessert topping as salty (or unsalty) as you need. Begin with 1/2 a teaspoon, give it a style, and add extra in case you’d like. Not that into the “salted” a part of salted caramel sauce? Add only a pinch of salt to raise the flavour with out overwhelming your style buds.
- It goes on all the pieces. Okay perhaps not rooster, however you’ll be able to drizzle this caramel sauce over just about any dessert you’ll be able to consider. Try the part under titled “Methods To Use Salted Caramel Sauce” for inspiration.
What You’ll Want
Right here’s a listing of components wanted to make one of the best salted caramel sauce ever. Don’t overlook to scroll to the recipe card under for exact measurements.
- Granulated sugar – The sugar really melts and turns into caramel because it cooks. That is the place your taste is coming from.
- Water – This helps the sugar not burn because it sits and boils. The addition of the water is why it’s known as “wet-method” caramel sauce.
- Unsalted butter – You actually need to have the ability to management your salt content material right here, so go for unsalted butter.
- Heavy whipping cream – That is giving the caramel sauce it’s pourable issue. The excessive fats content material in heavy cream additionally provides it a creamy texture. Don’t swap this out for milk or one thing else or it’ll skinny out your sauce.
- Vanilla extract – For good taste.
- Salt – Use as little or as a lot as you want to realize your required saltiness.
How To Make Salted Caramel Sauce
It actually is less complicated than you assume. Simply observe these easy (and few) steps and also you’ll be drizzling home made caramel sauce over each dessert in sight very quickly.
- Dissolve the sugar. Whisk collectively the granulated sugar and water and cook dinner over medium-low warmth till the sugar is totally dissolved.
- Add the butter. Add the butter and let it soften.
- Cook dinner. Deliver the combination to a boil over medium warmth and boil till the combination turns a deep golden copper shade.
- Make it creamy. Take away the pan from the warmth and slowly pour within the heavy whipping cream, whisking as you go.
- Add some taste. Whisk within the vanilla extract and half a teaspoon of salt (or extra in case you’re feeling spunky).
- Cool. Enable the caramel sauce to chill. Be aware that it’ll thicken because it cools.
Suggestions for Success
Striving for the proper salted caramel sauce? Good. Listed here are some ideas and methods that may set you heading in the right direction.
- Palms off. When you deliver the caramel sauce to a boil, it’s time to cease whisking. Whisking the sauce is a one-way ticket to crystallization, which you don’t need right here. So, go away or not it’s till it’s reached that deep golden copper shade you might be in search of.
- Control it. When you shouldn’t whisk or stir whereas the caramel sauce is cooking, you do wish to regulate it. It’s potential that some elements of the sauce will brown extra rapidly than others. If wanted, you’ll be able to sometimes tip the pan backward and forward to assist issues cook dinner evenly.
- Keep secure. Whenever you add the heavy cream, the caramel will bubble up fairly a bit. So preserve any uncovered pores and skin (and/or eyes) out of the way in which.
Methods To Use Salted Caramel Sauce
Gosh. I really feel like home made caramel sauce might go on something. I’ve picked a few of my favorites to set you in the suitable path, although. Don’t be afraid to discover my weblog for different choices. It’s stuffed with dessert recipes that might love the corporate of this candy, velvety deal with.
How Lengthy Will Home made Caramel Sauce Final?
As soon as the caramel sauce has cooled fully, seal it in an hermetic container and retailer it within the fridge. It should keep good for as much as two weeks.
Extra Sauce Recipes To Attempt
Including a sauce to a dessert actually takes it to the following degree of deliciousness. It’s that good little flare that nobody even knew they had been lacking. I encourage you to experiment with a few of these different fabulous dessert sauces when you get this salted caramel one down.
Watch How It’s Made
This Straightforward Salted Caramel Sauce is about so simple as caramel sauce will get! It solely makes use of 6 components. Plus, it’s good for topping ice cream, brownies, or just about every other dessert!
- 1 cup (207g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (120ml) water
- 1/4 cup (56g) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (120ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 1 tsp salt
- In a medium to giant saucier pan, mix the granulated sugar and water. Cook dinner over medium-low warmth till the sugar is totally dissolved, about 3 to five minutes. Add the butter and let it soften
- Over medium warmth, deliver the combination to a boil. Cease whisking and don’t whisk in any respect throughout this half to assist keep away from crystallization. Enable to boil till the combination turns a deep golden copper shade, about 10-Quarter-hour, perhaps longer relying in your range. Control it, however don’t stir. If wanted, you’ll be able to sometimes tip the pan backward and forward to assist issues cook dinner evenly.
- Take away the pan from the warmth and instantly add within the heavy whipping cream in a sluggish, regular stream. The caramel will bubbly up fairly a bit, so watch out with this step. Whisk rapidly and effectively as you add the cream, whisking till effectively mixed.
- Add the vanilla extract and half a teaspoon of salt and whisk to mix. Add extra salt to your required saltiness.
- Enable the caramel sauce to chill. It is going to be pretty skinny, however will thicken because it cools. Retailer it within the fridge for as much as two weeks.
- Serving Measurement: – Full recipe
- Energy: 1604
- Sugar: 203.9 g
- Sodium: 1208.4 mg
- Fats: 89 g
- Carbohydrates: 204.1 g
- Protein: 3.9 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 256.5 mg
Key phrases: salted caramel sauce, salted caramel sauce recipe, home made caramel sauce
Tailored from Baker by Nature.