You guys have been loving my unique gluten free naan recipe, and plenty of you requested me whether or not a gluten free peshwari naan can be potential. I’m comfortable to report that it’s and they’re completely scrumptious!
Peshwari naan is a wide range of the traditional Indian flatbread, full of a candy combination of almond, sultana, coconut and honey, together with some melted butter to assist bind them collectively. The ensuing paste is used to fill the center of the naan, making a moorish, barely candy naan to go together with your curry.
I completed my gluten free peshwari naan with a glaze of melted butter, however you too can add honey to the glaze for a sweeter end. A scattering of toasted coconut and flaked almonds additionally make the naan look beautiful whenever you serve them and add to the feel, however are fully non-obligatory.
The Base Naan Recipe
My genuine recipe makes use of gluten free plain flour, dried energetic yeast, caster sugar, water, olive oil, plain yoghurt and tapioca starch (typically known as tapioca flour). If you happen to shouldn’t have tapioca you may buy it on Amazon or find it in health food shops, and even Ocado sell it. Yeast makes all of the distinction to the lightness of naan and the tapioca provides them some stretch.
Freeze and Reheat These Gluten Free Peshwari Naan
My gluten free peshwari naan are freezer-friendly. Merely place in an hermetic container or wrap up in cling movie, then freeze. Whenever you wish to use them, 1-2 minutes within the microwave will defrost and refresh them completely.
Can I Make a Dairy Free Model?
Sure simply. As an alternative of the plain yoghurt use coconut yoghurt or one other plain dairy free yoghurt as an alternative. Then rather than butter within the paste and for the ultimate glazed, use a dairy free unfold as a substitute.
Gluten Free Peshwari Naan Recipe
This recipe will make 4 massive peshwari naan, which pair completely with curries (particularly spicy ones). If you happen to take pleasure in these naan, I’d be very grateful in the event you may evaluate them on the recipe card beneath.
You’ll discover a full technique beneath together with numerous footage that will help you as you’re employed via the recipe. Be at liberty to electronic mail me any questions or feedback you might need – [email protected] – or DM me on social media @myglutenfreeguide. Ooh, additionally ship pictures of your creations please!
Take pleasure in! Laura xxx
1 hour 20 minutes
Prepare dinner Time:
1 hour 25 minutes
For the naan dough:
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 120ml heat water
- 8g dry energetic yeast
- 240g gluten free plain flour (I exploit FREEE/M&S or Shipton Mill)
- 60g tapioca starch/flour
- 1 tsp fantastic salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100ml plain yoghurt (Greek or pure)
For the peshwari filling:
- 75g flaked almonds
- 30g sultanas or raisins
- 25g dessicated coconut
- 1.5 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp water
- 20g melted butter or ghee
For the glaze:
- 20g salted butter
- Non-compulsory: 1 tbsp toasted coconut and 1 tbsp toasted almond flakes
- Mix the nice and cozy water, caster sugar and dried energetic yeast collectively in a measuring jug, give all the pieces a superb stir after which depart the yeast to activate for 10-Quarter-hour (no stirring throughout this time). When a thick layer of froth has shaped on high of the liquid (see picture beneath), the yeast has been activated and you’ll transfer onto the following stage.
- Add the tapioca starch, plain gluten free flour and salt to a big mixing bowl. Stir very well to totally mix the flours. Now add the olive oil to the dry elements and stir via.
- Subsequent add the yoghurt to the flour combination after which pour the contents of the jug (foam and liquid) into the bowl. Combine all the pieces with a wood spoon, then use your palms to knead the dough for a minute to get it good and clean. It ought to kind right into a ball of soppy dough, barely sticky however that comes away out of your palms.
- Place a clear tea towel or material excessive of the bowl and put aside to permit it to rise. This may take about an hour, relying on how heat the room is, so pop it in a pleasant heat place if you wish to get a fast rise. As soon as the dough has doubled in measurement it is able to use.
- Whereas the dough is rising, you may put together the peshwari paste. That is actually easy – simply pop the flaked almonds, sultanas, coconut, honey, water and melted butter right into a small meals processor. Blitz for a few minutes till you might have a rough paste. Scoop right into a bowl and put aside till the dough is prepared.
- Use a knife or dough scraper to divide the dough (nonetheless within the bowl) into 4 sections. It’s a comfortable dough so won’t lower completely and will probably be a bit sticky, however that is the way it ought to be.
- Take a silicone baking mat or massive piece of greaseproof baking paper and place in your worktop. Flour the mat/baking paper properly with further gluten free flour and maintain a little bit extra flour to the aspect. Set a frying pan over a medium-high warmth (no oil) and permit to warmth if you are shaping the primary naan.
- Flour your palms, then use a spatula to scoop out 1 / 4 of the dough into your palms. Break it into two items and kind into balls, flouring them properly, then place onto the floured mat.
- Utilizing sufficient flour to make sure it doesn’t keep on with the mat, gently pat the primary ball onto the mat after which place one quarter of the peshwari paste on high – use your fingers to unfold it nearly to the sides of the dough. Pat the second ball on high of the paste and gently seal the sides in order that the filling is enclosed.
- Flour the dough calmly and pat right into a tear drop or round form, nonetheless fast thick (about 2cm) so you may deal with it with out it breaking.
- Switch the dough to the new pan and use your palms (take off the warmth momentarily if wanted) to rapidly press the dough thinner into a big naan form (1cm-0.5cm thick relying how you want your naan).
- Hold the warmth medium-high and cook dinner for two minutes, throughout which period you will notice the bubbles forming within the dough. Flip and cook dinner for an extra 2 minutes on the opposite aspect. It ought to be properly browned and cooked via, however give it an additional minute on all sides to brown it if wanted. Then take away from the pan and put aside.
- Soften the remaining butter within the microwave (20 seconds) after which use a pastry brush to brush a little bit butter all around the high of the new naan. Would not it look yummy! Scatter with toasted coconut/almonds if you want or depart plain.
- Repeat steps 8-13 with the remaining parts of dough, then both serve instantly or permit to chill and freeze for later use.
I hope you take pleasure in making and consuming these gluten free peshwari naan! Why not attempt a few of my different gluten free recipes, which go fantastically with these naan:
Take pleasure in! Laura xxx