This submit could include affiliate hyperlinks for which I earn a small fee at no additional price to you. For more information, take a look at my Disclosure Coverage. Thanks on your assist!
I completely love the tangy, contemporary flavours of a Gluten Free Greek Salad and my model is tremendous easy with the last word dressing hack!
Greek salad is a refreshing mixture of cucumber, tomato, onion, olives and feta in a zingy lemon, vinegar and olive oil dressing.
It’s scrumptious served by itself as a summer season lunch or the proper aspect dish for a BBQ or picnic. Greatest loved al fresco within the sunshine.
This simple Greek Salad makes use of just a few easy elements, is gluten free and straightforward to make dairy free and vegan too.
In fact you possibly can range this dish so simply to fit your tastes, and even combine it with rice or quinoa for a extra substantial salad dish.
Greek Salad is certainly a staple aspect dish to have in your kitchen repertoire when the climate begins to warmth up!
Greek Salad Elements
I’ve tried to maintain this recipe as conventional as potential and also you’ll solely want a couple of elements.
Lots of the dressing elements are store-cupboard staples and gadgets I exploit in numerous recipes so nothing ever goes to waste.
The principle elements you’ll want for a Greek salad are:
- Feta cheese – use a dairy free one for a vegan model or a low fats feta for a lighter model.
- Cucumber – I simply use half an ordinary cucumber however you could possibly use mini cucumbers as a substitute if you happen to desire.
- Tomato – I exploit plum tomatoes as a result of they’re simple to only halve however you could possibly chop up bigger tomatoes if you happen to solely have them handy.
- Pink onion – You may omit this if you happen to discover the flavour too harsh however I discover the lemon juice within the dressing takes a number of the kick out of the uncooked onion.
- Kalamata olives – you should utilize black olives if you happen to desire however these are by far one of the best kind of olives for a Greek salad. Be certain that whichever olives you utilize are pitted.
The elements you want for a Greek salad dressing are:
- Oregano – I exploit dried oregano however you should utilize contemporary if you happen to desire. This herb is essential to the flavour so be at liberty so as to add extra if you happen to like.
- Olive Oil – Use high quality, additional virgin olive oil if you happen to can afford to.
- Lemon Juice – This provides an awesome tang to your Greek salad. I squeeze mine contemporary however you should utilize lemon juice from the bottle if simpler.
- Pink Wine Vinegar – To me that is one of the best (and solely!) vinegar to make use of in a Greek salad. Nevertheless, if you wish to hold prices down and have already got one thing like apple cider vinegar, you could possibly substitute for that as a substitute.
- Garlic – I exploit chopped frozen garlic for ease, however you could possibly chop or crush a garlic clove. Garlic paste would additionally work nicely.
- Feta – Sure, that’s proper! Use a little bit additional feta within the dressing (directions within the recipe card under) and also you received’t remorse it! Belief me, it makes all of the distinction.
- Salt and Pepper – I prefer to season my dressing with a little bit additional salt and pepper to go well with my tastes, however you possibly can skip this if you happen to like.
What to serve with my gluten free Greek salad
One of many issues I like about Greek salad is how versatile it’s – it should go together with so many various dishes.
Listed here are a couple of ideas of how serve together with your gluten free Greek salad:
- Dish up a bowl of Greek salad as a aspect dish to all of your BBQ favourites, as a part of a platter of salads together with potato salad and my Mexican corn salad.
- Serve it up alongside grilled meat or fish, in addition to serving of combined lettuce leaves, for a light-weight dinner.
- Combine the Greek salad with cooked rice (sizzling or chilly!) and serve it up with my selfmade Greek Hen Kebabs.
- Serve it as a aspect dish alongside this Greek Hen Traybake for a feta-powered dinner. The extra feta, the higher if you happen to ask me!
- Take pleasure in it by itself in a lunchbox or for a tasty lunch or picnic on a sizzling day. With the feta and olives it’s pretty and filling with out being heavy.
When you provide you with another methods you like to serve your gluten free Greek salad, please do let me know within the feedback on the backside of this submit!
My Gluten Free Greek Salad Recipe
Okay, let’s lower to the chase – the recipe you’ve all been ready for and one of the best gluten free Greek salad I’ve ever made!
This recipe serves 2 as a foremost or substantial aspect dish, however may simply stretch to serve 4 folks as a part of a BBQ or picnic platter.
You may simply dimension this recipe up or down and any leftovers will hold within the fridge (lined or in a sealed tub) for round 3 days so nothing has to go to waste!
And please do go away a assessment to let others know you liked it too! It might imply the world to me.
- Half a cucumber
- 150g plum tomatoes
- 1 purple onion
- 100g feta cheese
- 100g pitted Kalamata olives
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp purple wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 50g feta
- Salt and Pepper
- Chop the cucumber into 2cm chunks and lower the tomatoes in half (is utilizing bigger tomatoes, lower them into similar-sized chunks to the cucumber). Finely chop the onion.
- Combine all the dressing elements collectively, utilizing a fork to ‘mush’ the feta into the combination. A number of little lumps is ok however you need it to be pretty nicely combined collectively.
- Add the cucumber, tomato, purple onion and olives to a big bowl. Crumble the feta in utilizing your fingers (or roughly chop into small items). Combine collectively nicely.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, combine nicely after which serve immediately.
- Any leftovers will hold within the fridge for 2-3 days. See the weblog submit above for concepts on substitutions.
Quantity Per Serving: Energy: 517Whole Fats: 48gSaturated Fats: 16gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 30gLdl cholesterol: 67mgSodium: 1161mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 12g
Want extra gluten free BBQ recipe inspiration?
Listed here are some extra gluten free BBQ aspect dish recipes you possibly can check out as soon as you’ve got made this Gluten Free Greek Salad recipe.
In case you have any recipe ideas, please let me know within the feedback what you’d prefer to see subsequent!
Like this Gluten Free Greek Salad recipe?
Be sure you observe me on Pinterest and pin this recipe card below for later!