As common readers of this web site or my Instagram will know, I’m a large fan of traybake-style dinners. Chuck all the pieces on a single baking tray after which you find yourself with a feast of a dinner but minimal washing up. Win win scenario.
This gluten free cod and chorizo traybake is completely scrumptious and, bonus, doesn’t make your own home scent of fish. Hoorah! There’s nothing fairly so off-putting as a lingering aroma of fish two days after you’ve cooked some.
Anyway, again to the cod and chorizo traybake I promised you. It actually makes a beautiful supper and it’s fast and straightforward, however it is usually fancy sufficient that you would be able to serve it to buddies.
Served with a beautiful lemony aioli, you may add somewhat leafy inexperienced salad on the aspect if you want, or just get pleasure from it as is.
Is This Recipe Household Pleasant?
It’s positively a child pleasant dish, no less than in my family. Merely chorus from seasoning till you could have scooped out the kiddie portion.
My children (ages 2 and 5) love this dish, and it’s simple for any fussy eaters to select and select bits they like (Alba my 5 yr previous presently refuses to eat cooked peppers but loves uncooked ones…child logic, eh!).
Can I Make Substitutions?
Sure you may mess around with the components if you need. Use any chunky white fish, it doesn’t need to be cod. Finest to not sub the chorizo, as you get some pretty flavours from that, together with the garlic, lemon and smoked paprika.
As for the veggies, use no matter you want, you might want to regulate cooking occasions barely, dependent in your chosen veg.
Cod and Chorizo Traybake Recipe
The cod and chorizo traybake recipe beneath will yield pretty massive parts, so when you have a smaller urge for food it’s going to stretch to feed extra individuals. Merely add an additional piece of cod for every individual.
Prepare dinner Time:
A simple and scrumptious tray bake with cod, chorizo, potatoes, peppers and peas. Served with a lemon aioli.
- 800g new potatoes, sliced (pores and skin on)
- 400g cherry tomatoes or child plum tomatoes
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- Half a chorizo ring (approx 110g), pores and skin eliminated and chopped into small cubes – be sure that it’s a gluten free selection
- 4 items of cod loin (skinless, boneless, approx 150g every)
- 1 lemon, sliced thinly into rounds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250g frozen peas or petit pois
- 3 peppers (pink/orange/yellow – any combo is nice), lower into lengthy skinny strips
For the lemon aioli
- Juice half a lemon
- 50g mayonnaise
- 1 massive clove garlic
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Add the brand new potatoes, peppers, tomatoes, chorizo, smoked paprika and garlic to a big roasting tray. Drizzle the olive oil excessive and provides all the pieces a mixture to make sure the potatoes and veggies are well-coated with oil and paprika. Unfold them out as evenly as presumably. Then they go into the oven to roast for quarter-hour.
- After this time, all the pieces ought to be beginning to crisp on the edges. Take away the traybake from the oven and all the pieces a great stir with a spatula, and even them out once more. Flip the oven all the way down to 180C.
- Rigorously lay the cod loin on prime of the traybake veggies, inserting skinny slices of lemon on prime of the fish (this can assist hold it good and moist and provides it a zesty flavour). Grind some black pepper over all the pieces after which pop the tray again within the oven for an extra quarter-hour.
- Whereas that is cooking, you may whip up some simple lemon aioli. Merely combine the lemon juice, mayonnaise and finely minced garlic clove collectively in a ramekin and voila! Then pop within the fridge to sit back for the remaining cooking time.
- Additionally, prepare dinner the frozen peas when you are ready. Then drain and put aside.
- Now take away the traybake from the oven and verify the thickest piece of fish to make sure it’s cooked by (if nonetheless uncooked the flesh might be translucent – pop again within the oven for an extra 5 minutes if wanted). Rigorously raise the cod and place on a warmed plate to relaxation for a second. Pour the peas into the traybake (the potatoes and veggies) and stir them by the combination.
- Then divide between bowls, place the cod on prime of every veggie mound and voila! Dinner is served :). Add a dollop of lemon aioli on the aspect plus a leafy, lemony salad as a aspect dish when you fancy an additional hit of freshness.
For those who favored this recipe why not try certainly one of my different meal concepts:
Blissful cooking! x