This publish could include affiliate hyperlinks for which I earn a small fee at no additional price to you. For more information, take a look at my Disclosure Coverage. Thanks to your assist!
Nothing beats a traditional Gluten Free Christmas Pudding – particularly one which may be made and eaten in the identical day!
That is proper, with my Cheat’s Christmas Pudding hack you will not should soak it for weeks on finish and go away it to mature.
Easy throw every thing collectively, let the pudding steam whilst you get pleasure from Christmas lunch after which serve it straight up.
With all the identical wealthy and fruity flavours of a traditional Christmas pudding, this recipe has somewhat secret.
The important thing to with the ability to make it so rapidly? Mincemeat!
A superb high quality mincemeat could have numerous alcohol-soaked fruit (in addition to all of the sugar you want) that means you’ll be able to skip these levels of a standard recipe.
It is also an effective way to make use of up these previous few slices of stale gluten free bread and the remainder of the substances are storecupboard fundamentals.
So if you would like an affordable and cheerful gluten free Christmas pudding recipe – that is precisely the web page you want to bookmark!
Components and Substitutions
You do not really need an entire scroll of substances for this one – just some fundamentals to create a scrumptious free from Christmas pudding.
There is a printable recipe card beneath with the complete substances and methodology. However here is what you may want for the buying record:
- Gluten Free White Bread: You solely want two slices of this, so any leftover bread you may have will work. I think about it might work with brown bread too however I would keep away from something seeded.
- Mincemeat: You will need a actually good high quality mincemeat right here – in my view, ideally one thing boozy! I would go for a ‘best’ model quite than a ‘fundamentals’, it’s Christmas Day in any case! Most mincemeat is gluten free however ensure you at all times double examine.
- Orange Zest: You may omit this in case you do not prefer it however I like a little bit of a zesty punch in my pud. I are inclined to juice the orange and drink it after I’ve used the zest!
- Brandy: In fact brandy is the booze of selection for a standard Christmas pudding. Whisky may even work (sure, it IS gluten free) and I like to make use of amaretto for faint marzipan flavours.
- Egg: That is essential to holding the combo collectively. I’ve not tried this with any egg replacers but when yow will discover one which works it might make the recipe vegan.
- Plain Gluten Free Flour: I take advantage of FREEE Flour, however you need a plain or All Function flour mix. Utilizing single flours like rice, potato, coconut or almond flours on their very own is not going to have the identical impact.
- Combined Spice: For those who’re unfamiliar with this, it is usually a candy spice mix present in UK supermarkets consisting of cinnamon, cloves, coriander, caraway, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. It is a bit much like pumpkin spice mix within the US.
Is that this Christmas pudding dairy free or vegan?
The recipe for this Christmas pudding is dairy free, offering the gluten free bread you employ does not include any dairy.
Nevertheless the recipe does include eggs so it isn’t vegan.
The best way to make a gluten free Christmas pudding
Making this gluten free Christmas pudding is definitely very simple – you merely want to combine the entire substances collectively.
I have a tendency to combine the moist substances first after which add the mixed-up dry substances till every thing is mixed.
If you’re prepared, grease a 16cm non-stick pudding basin effectively with butter, after which I line a 2-inch strip throughout the centre, barely overlapping the perimeters.
This implies you should utilize this to ease the pudding out as soon as it is cooked. It ought to appear to be this:
Pour the pudding combination in after which it is time to wrap it up good and tight!
Firstly, minimize a circle of baking paper barely bigger than the pudding basin, after which put a pleat within the centre, like this:
Place the pleated paper on prime, cowl in foil after which tie tightly with string. Subsequent, place an upturned saucer or a steamer basket in a big pan.
Pop the wrapped-up pudding basin on the steamer/saucer after which half-fill with boiling water. Steam for 3 hours and your pudding is prepared!
My gluten free Christmas Pudding Recipe
This gluten free Christmas pudding recipe makes use of a 16cm non-stick pudding basin to make a big pudding for 4-6 individuals.
The pudding is finest made and eaten on the identical day however leftovers may be reheated within the microwave.
And please do go away a evaluation to let others know you liked it too! It might imply the world to me.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook dinner Time 3 hours
Whole Time 3 hours 10 minutes
- 2 slices (approx 75g) gluten free white bread
- 600g good-quality mincemeat
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 tbsp brandy (or amaretto)
- 1 massive egg (crushed)
- 50g plain gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp combined spice
- Grease a 19cm pudding basin with butter then minimize a strip of baking paper round 2 inches vast and line throughout the centre of the tin. There needs to be about an inch both sides hanging over that can assist you take away the pudding from the tin afterwards.
- Add the gluten free bread to a meals processor and blitz into crumbs. Set to 1 facet.
- Add the mincemeat, orange zest and brandy (or amaretto) to a big mixing bowl and beat along with a wood spoon.
- Add the egg and beat once more. Combine the gluten free flour, baking powder and combined spice collectively then add to the blending bowl and beat collectively till mixed.
- Pour the combination into the lined pudding tin. Reduce a circle of baking paper, make a pleat within the centre after which place on prime of the pudding. Place a sheet of foil on prime of this and wrap over the sting of the basin. Tie in place across the rim with a chunk of string.
- Add an upturned saucer or steamer to the underside of a big pan. Place the pudding on prime of this and fill the pan with boiling water to midway up the tin. Place the lid on and steam for 3 hours, topping up often with extra sizzling water as wanted.
- When cooked take away from pudding from the pan, flip the wrong way up onto a plate and sprinkle with icing sugar. Greatest served immediately – serve with brandy butter or custard and be at liberty so as to add some flaming brandy on prime!
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of different affiliate packages, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Want some extra gluten free Christmas inspiration?
Wish to have a go at a number of the different gluten free Christmas recipes on the weblog?
Give a few of these different gluten free festive recipes a strive!
I’ve additionally received my gluten free Christmas page with everything you need to enjoy a safe festive season.
There are plenty to choose from – here are a couple to get you going:
And you probably have any recipe solutions, please let me know within the feedback what you’d wish to see subsequent!
Like this Gluten Free Christmas Pudding recipe?
Be sure to pin the recipe card below for later!