These splendidly crispy cheese and sweetcorn fritters are excellent for brunch, a lightweight lunch, with a leafy salad on the facet, or as an appetiser. They’re really double cheese, utilizing feta and shredded mozzarella, and style so yummy.
They’re naturally gluten free, as corn flour is used because the binder for these fritters, in addition to the shredded mozzarella. No eggs are wanted, as the warmth from the pan will trigger the cornflour and cheese to work their binding magic.
Feta contrasts so nicely with the sweetcorn, and I’ve then added smoked paprika and spring onions for a depth of flavour, and lime juice for somewhat acidic hit. The lime juice received’t make them candy in any respect, it merely contributes to the general stability. And provides them somewhat Mexican vibe.
I significantly take pleasure in these with a great sprint of Green Jalapeno Tabasco on high and a inexperienced salad on the facet. Or have them for brunch with crispy bacon or chorizo and a fried egg or smashed avocado.
Can I Use Totally different Forms of Cheese?
You would swap cheddar for mozzarella, nevertheless it received’t fairly be as crispy. And remember to use the packet grated mozzarella slightly than the recent ball selection, for max crispyness.
Crumbled halloumi could possibly be a great different to feta cheese, or crumbled goats cheese ought to work properly too.
Can I Use Frozen Sweetcorn?
Sure frozen corn will work properly for this recipe. Defrost it first, then observe the steps outlined within the recipe.
Can I Use Gluten Free Plain Flour As an alternative of Corn Flour?
I’ve not tried it however I can’t see why it wouldn’t work. The fritters will likely be barely much less crisp, because the corn flour actually helps to up the crispy ante on this recipe.
What Can I Serve These Crispy Cheese & Sweetcorn Fritters With?
Something you want! As I stated within the intro, they’re beautiful as a standalone lunch with salad on the facet.
Alternatively, attempt them for brunch, as a stack topped with a fried egg or with crispy bacon, chorizo and/or avocado on the facet.
You would even have them as a dinnertime facet dish. The selection is yours, my associates!
Crispy Cheese & Sweetcorn Fritters Recipe (GF)
Time for the recipe! Any questions when you are making these fritters, please do message me on social media (@myglutenfreeguide) or e mail me at [email protected]. I’ll get again to you as quickly as I can.
When you benefit from the recipe, please do depart a evaluation on the recipe card under. It makes a world of distinction to me :). And you may as well share photographs of your property creations in my Cooking Club on Facebook.
Thanks a lot! Laura xxx
Cook dinner Time:
Superbly crispy cheese and sweetcorn fritters, filled with recent herbs, spring onions and loads of flavour.
- 1 giant tin of sweetcorn (approx 280-300g), drained
- 70g corn flour (corn starch)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Juice 1 medium-sized lime
- 80g feta cheese
- 80g shredded/grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 spring onions
- 10g recent coriander (a few handful)
- For cooking: salted butter (about 20g) and olive oil (about 15ml)
- Tip the drained sweetcorn right into a medium-sized bowl. Sprinkle the cornflour and smoked paprika excessive and blend by means of, in order that the sweetcorn is evenly coated with the flour.
- Squeeze within the lime juice and stir once more till you will have a stiff combination.
- Crumble the feta into the bowl and add the shredded mozzarella. Slice the spring onions finely and add them too, in addition to the recent coriander (roughly chopped into small items). Combine every part collectively nicely till you will have a stiff batter, and season with a pinch of salt and a few freshly floor black pepper.
- Warmth a non stick frying pan over a medium body, add a small knob of butter (about 10g) and a touch of oil to cease the butter from burning. You may both make small or medium-sized fritters, the small ones are simpler to flip. For small add a heaped tbsp of combination or for medium use 2 heaped tbsp per fritter.
- Press down calmly on the fritters and cook dinner for 3 minutes over a medium warmth. Then press once more (because the cheese will now have melted and it helps to stay every part collectively) and cook dinner for an extra 2 minutes till golden brown and holding its kind. Flip the fritters, then cook dinner for an extra 2-3 minutes on the second facet.
- Serve together with your selection of sides and toppings. I take pleasure in mine with smashed avocado and salad, for a lightweight lunch. They’d be superior for brunch too, with crispy bacon or chorizo and a fried egg on high.
For extra tasty gluten free meal concepts, why not attempt a few of my different yummy recipes:
Joyful cooking! Laura xxx