My tender and chewy butter pecan cookies are made with toasted pecans, brown sugar, and loads of butter. They’re extremely simple to make with NO mixer and NO chilling required! Recipe features a how-to video!
The BEST Butter Pecan Cookies
Followers of my latest butter pecan cake will likely be thrilled to find these equally buttery, wealthy, and flavorful butter pecan cookies! These cookies make a terrific deal with year-round (I really like bringing them to events and potlucks!), however I particularly love them through the fall when pecans are in-season. Positively save this one on your vacation baking!
What’s to like:
- Fast: No chilling required and simply 25 minutes of prep together with the scooping and rolling (if you happen to determine to roll them!).
- Simple: Since we begin with melted butter as a substitute of softened, there may be NO MIXER REQUIRED! Melted butter additionally actually infuses the butter taste all through the dough, which is vital since these are butter pecan cookies!
- Unimaginable taste: Toasted pecans, toffee bits, loads of vanilla, and a sprinkle of sea salt…are you swooning over these cookies but?!
- Tender & chewy outcomes: My fastidiously chosen elements (melted butter, darkish brown sugar, and an additional egg yolk) and baking approach (barely underbake) guarantee these cookies keep tender and chewy for days. Alternatively, if you happen to’re on the lookout for crunchy, buttery cookies, attempt my butter crunch cookies!
In case you are a pecan lover (have you ever tried my Italian cream cake?!), you’re completely going to like these cookies. I can’t wait to listen to how you want them!
What You Want
All of those elements are fairly fundamental (okay, toffee bits won’t be fundamental) and may already be in your pantry. Listed below are just a few key gamers in as we speak’s recipe.
- Toasted pecans. Toasting your pecans first is non-compulsory, however it can give your cookies the most effective taste. I at all times advocate toasting your nuts and then chopping them; this helps them toast evenly and minimizes the prospect of burning in your oven.
- Melted butter. Let your butter cool to the contact earlier than including your sugars, or you possibly can soften the sugars and destroy your dough. No quantity of chilling will repair this, sadly.
- Darkish brown sugar. Darkish brown sugar accommodates extra molasses, which enhances the flavors of the pecans.
- Egg + egg yolk. An additional yolk creates tender, moist, and chewy cookies. Including a full additional egg would make the cookies unfold extra and would require a chilling step, which I needed to keep away from right here. Save the leftover egg white for candied pecans!
- Toffee bits. These are non-compulsory, however I really like the additional taste and texture they add. Be happy to crush up some selfmade toffee, or use toffee bits bought within the baking aisle at your grocery retailer. For those who seize the store-bought model, you possibly can even use the sort that’s coated in chocolate–yum!
SAM’S TIP: Measure your flour correctly, or you possibly can find yourself with a tough, powerful dough. This dough is already stiff, so including additional flour may make it VERY laborious to work with. I additionally advocate you add your flour regularly for this very cause.
Bear in mind, that is simply an outline of the elements I used and why. For the complete recipe please scroll right down to the underside of the publish!
Methods to Make Butter Pecan Cookies
- Stir the sugars into the cooled melted butter till mixed.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and stir properly, then put aside.
- Mix the dry elements in a separate bowl, then regularly add them to the moist elements. I like to do that in three elements and advocate you do the identical.
- Add the toasted chopped pecans and toffee items (if utilizing) and stir till included. The dough will likely be stiff–that is regular!
- Scoop the dough into rounded 1 ½ tablespoon balls and roll between your palms, if desired. Place 2″ aside on parchment lined baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes at 350F. Let the cookies cool fully on their baking sheets earlier than having fun with.
SAM’S TIP: Don’t over-bake your cookies! The perimeters ought to be a light-weight golden brown however the facilities ought to nonetheless appear tender and even only a trace under-baked. Allow them to cool fully on the baking sheet, the place they’ll end baking as they cool. This may maintain your cookies tender and chewy versus pulling them out of the oven when the facilities are agency and absolutely baked, which is able to really lead to over-baked, laborious cookies.
Ceaselessly Requested Questions
This may occur in case your butter is simply too heat whenever you add your sugars. Similar to when making brown butter toffee cookies, it’s essential to let the butter cool to the contact (don’t let it re-solidify although) earlier than including the sugars, or the sugars will soften and the dough will likely be ruined. No quantity of chilling will repair this sadly, so the most effective factor to do is stop it from occurring within the first place!
It is a stiffer dough, but when yours is overly dry and received’t come collectively, you might have unintentionally added an excessive amount of flour. I like to recommend utilizing a kitchen scale to stop this.
Dry dough will also be attributable to including the dry elements abruptly as a substitute of regularly, which is why I like to recommend doing this step in just a few elements. Lastly, in case your cookies are so stiff they received’t unfold, simply flatten them on the baking sheet earlier than baking them.
Sure! These butter pecan cookies freeze properly. Simply comply with the directions for drop cookies in my the way to freeze cookie dough publish.
Simply take a look at that excellent tender and chewy texture! My favourite 🥰
Get pleasure from!
Let’s bake collectively! I’ll be strolling you thru all of the steps in my written recipe and video beneath! For those who do this recipe, be sure you tag me on Instagram, and you may also discover me on YouTube and Facebook
Butter Pecan Cookies
My tender and chewy butter pecan cookies are made with toasted pecans, brown sugar, and loads of butter. They’re extremely simple to make with NO mixer and NO chilling required!
Servings: 28 cookies
Forestall your display from going darkish
Toast Pecans (non-compulsory)
Preheat oven to 350F (175C) and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Unfold pecan halves evenly over cookie sheet and bake on 350F (175C) for 3-5 minutes.
Take away from oven (don’t flip off your oven) and put aside whilst you put together your cookie dough.
In a big bowl, mix melted butter and sugars. Stir properly.
1 cup (226 g) unsalted butter, 1 ¼ cup (250 g) darkish brown sugar, ½ cup (100 g) granulated sugar
Add eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and stir till well-combined.
1 giant egg + 1 egg yolk, 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk collectively flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
3 cups (375 g) all objective flour**, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, ¾ teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon baking powder, ¾ teaspoon salt
Steadily add flour combination to moist elements till fully mixed.
Coarsely chop your pecans then stir within the pecans and toffee bits till mixed.
1 ½ (175 g) heaping cups pecan halves, ½ cup (120 g) Heath Toffee bits
Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and drop cookie dough by heaping 1 ½ Tablespoon onto ready cookie sheet, spacing at the very least 2″ aside.
Switch to 350F oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. Cookies ought to nonetheless look tender/barely under-done within the facilities. Sprinkle with sea salt whereas heat.
Enable cookies to chill fully on baking sheet and they’re going to end baking by means of as they cool however will keep good and tender!
**Methods to measure flour
In case you are utilizing cups, one of the best ways to measure out your flour is to stir it in its bag/container then spoon it into your measuring cup and degree off the measuring cup. Packing in your flour (over-measuring it) will go away you with a dry/crumbly cookie dough.
Retailer any leftover, cooled cookies in an hermetic container at room temperature for 3-5 days.
Serving: 1cookie | Energy: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 2g | Fats: 12g | Saturated Fats: 7g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 145mg | Potassium: 58mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 364IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg
Dietary data is predicated on third-party calculations and ought to be thought of an estimate solely. Precise dietary content material will range primarily based upon manufacturers used, measuring strategies, cooking methodology, portion sizes, and extra.
Recipe initially printed December of 2018. Put up has been up to date with new pictures and a brand new video, however recipe stays the identical.