Chewy and scrumptious Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies simply made with easy, healthful elements, studded with raisins and naturally sweetened for the proper wholesome cookie you’ll be able to get pleasure from for breakfast or function an after college snack!
Who knew you would get pleasure from cookies for breakfast! These chewy banana oatmeal breakfast cookies are made with healthful elements, are naturally sweetened and provide you with all the nice and cozy flavors of banana bread, however in a scrumptious cookie kind. Your children will completely devour these (mine positive did!) they usually make a wholesome after college snack or dessert. These banana oatmeal cookies are gluten-free, dairy-free egg-free and refined sugar-free!
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- These cookies are moist, chewy and so scrumptious!
- Excellent recipe to make use of up these ripe bananas sitting in your kitchen.
- Your children will love them!
- Nice for breakfast, after college snack or wholesome dessert.
Substances You’ll Want
- bananas – make sure that to make use of tremendous ripe bananas to get probably the most sweetness out of them.
- applesauce – I used unsweetened applesauce which takes the place of oil on this recipe and retains the cookies good and moist. When you don’t have applesauce, be happy to make use of extra mashed banana.
- honey – we solely want about 2 tablespoons of honey in these cookies to sweeten them because the bananas act as a pure sweetener already! You would additionally use maple syrup and even brown sugar.
- rolled oats – healthful entire grain quaint oats (I used gluten-free oats) make these cookies deliciously chewy! You too can use fast oats if that’s all you might have readily available, however they gained’t have that nice chewy texture that we love in a cookie.
- oat flour – you’ll solely want two tablespoons of oat flour in these cookies and you may both make your personal (see my directions under) or buy from the shop. You would additionally use entire wheat flour or all-purpose flour.
- baking powder – this acts as a leavening agent to assist these cookies bake up properly make them chewy (you would additionally use baking soda).
- vanilla extract – you’ll want one teaspoon vanilla extract and this offers these cookies a lift of taste!
- cinnamon + salt – the cinnamon provides a heat, cozy taste to those cookies whereas the salt punches up the style.
- raisins – you would additionally use chocolate chips or chopped nuts comparable to walnuts, pecans or almonds.
Tips on how to Make Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- Preheat oven. Preheat oven to 350 levels and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine elements. Utilizing a blender or a handheld mixer, mix bananas, applesauce, honey and vanilla, mixing till clean. If you’d like small chunks of banana within the cookies, be happy to only combine the moist elements by hand. In a big mixing bowl, stir collectively the rolled oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Pour the banana combination in with the dry elements and blend properly to mix then fold within the raisins.
- Assemble cookies. Utilizing a small cookie scoop, drop 1-inch cookie dough balls onto a ready baking sheet and flatten the tops a bit with the again finish of a spoon, ensuring the cookies are nonetheless intact. You must find yourself with about 16 cookies.
- BAKE! Bake the cookies at 350 levels for 15 to twenty minutes till cookies are golden and set. Take them out of the oven and let the banana oat cookies cool on the baking sheet for five minutes earlier than transferring to a wire rack.
- Combine-ins – I used raisins in these cookies, however you would add chocolate chips, chopped nuts, coconut, or different dried fruit comparable to cranberries, cherries, blueberries, and so forth.
- To make these gluten-free – simply ensure you are utilizing gluten-free rolled oats or gluten-free fast oats together with oat flour.
- To make these vegan – merely swap out the honey for maple syrup or simply go away it out altogether if utilizing tremendous ripe bananas. There are not any eggs on this recipe.
- Different cookie choices – you’ll be able to simply swap out the mashed banana for peanut butter (or almond butter) and make peanut butter oatmeal cookies or swap out the raisins and make chocolate chip cookies.
Tips on how to Retailer Banana Oatmeal Cookies
To Retailer: To retailer these cookies, make sure that they’re fully cool first after which switch them to a sealed, hermetic container and maintain within the fridge for as much as one week.
To Freeze: For longer storage, you’ll be able to freeze these cookies for as much as 3 months within the freezer. When able to eat the cookies, merely thaw out at room temperature and revel in!
Extra Banana Recipes to Strive
Extra Oatmeal Recipes to Strive
Hope you all get pleasure from these Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies and for those who love this recipe as a lot as we do, please go away me a five-star score under and don’t neglect to tag me on Instagram utilizing the hashtag #eatyourselfskinny! I like seeing all of your scrumptious recreations!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook dinner Time: 15 minutes
- Complete Time: 25 minutes
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons oat flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 levels and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Utilizing a blender or a handheld mixer, mix bananas, applesauce, honey and vanilla, mixing till clean.
- In a medium bowl, combine collectively the rolled oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Pour the banana combination in with the oat combination and blend properly to mix then fold within the raisins.
- Utilizing a small cookie scoop, drop 1-inch cookie dough balls onto a ready baking sheet and flatten the tops a bit with the again finish of a spoon, ensuring the cookies are nonetheless intact. You must find yourself with about 16 cookies.
- Bake the cookies at 350 levels for 15 to twenty minutes till cookies are golden and set. Take them out of the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for five minutes earlier than transferring to a wire rack. Get pleasure from!
- Serving Dimension: 1 cookie
- Energy: 74
- Sugar: 5.3 g
- Sodium: 39 mg
- Fats: 0.6 g
- Saturated Fats: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.7 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 1.4 g
* Please observe that every one vitamin info are simply estimates. Values will range amongst manufacturers, so we encourage you to calculate these by yourself for many correct outcomes.