This submit could include affiliate hyperlinks for which I earn a small fee at no further price to you. For more information, try my Disclosure Coverage. Thanks on your assist!
If you’d like a brilliant fast and simple dinner thought you possibly can’t go mistaken with this Air Fryer Pesto Rooster and Potatoes. A one pan meal of hen breasts full of pesto and mozzarella with crispy potatoes.
This simple pesto hen breast recipe is such a fast approach to cook dinner dinner – if you have not tried it earlier than then you are going to find it irresistible.
I like a dinner recipe I can simply throw within the air fryer basket with minimal prep and that is precisely it.
The butterflied hen breasts are full of stringy mozzarella and punchy pesto and the brand new potatoes go fantastically crisp.
I all the time use my do-it-yourself gluten free pesto for this recipe however any type of pesto will work simply as nicely – you possibly can even use a dairy free one.
Serve this fast air fryer meal up with steamed inexperienced veg or a recent salad for the best midweek meal ever.
I am beginning to develop extra air fryer recipes so when you’ve got one and wish to see extra do let me know within the feedback on the backside of this submit.
Air fryer hen is certainly a favorite in our home so I am going to attempt to work on creating some extra air fryer hen recipes quickly.
Substances for Air Fryer Pesto Rooster
There is a full printable recipe card beneath with the portions, however listed here are the primary substances you may want for this recipe:
- Rooster Breasts – You will want boneless skinless hen breasts for this recipe, which you’ll simply decide up within the grocery store.
- Pesto – Most pesto is gluten free, and my do-it-yourself pesto recipe will take this to an entire new stage. I like a traditional inexperienced pesto however be happy to combine it up with a distinct pesto similar to pink pesto or chilli pesto.
- Mozzarella – I take advantage of a ball of mozzarella as I discover it has a nicer texture however you possibly can use grated mozzarella as a substitute. Be happy to make use of a distinct cheese in case you desire similar to Cheddar cheese, brie or Stilton.
- Child Potatoes – Child potatoes, Charlotte potatoes or new potatoes all work very well on this recipe. You’ll be able to all the time chop up regular white or candy potatoes in case you desire.
- Seasoning – I take advantage of garlic granules and a blended Italian seasoning to season the potatoes, together with olive oil. You’ll be able to combine this up in case you like however for me the Italian seasoning you should buy within the grocery store does the job completely.
Can I make this pesto hen recipe dairy free?
If you wish to make a dairy free air fryer pesto hen you are able to do so with just some easy swaps.
Look within the free from aisle for a vegan pesto and use a dairy free cheese, and the recipe can be fully gluten and dairy free.
How you can make air fryer pesto hen
The complete methodology is within the printable recipe card beneath however to indicate you ways simple it’s to make let me inform you the fundamental steps.
First you may must butterfly your hen breasts, which is while you reduce them in half lengthways with out chopping all through.
Open them out – like a butterfly – and unfold your pesto on one facet.
Lay slices of mozzarella on high after which shut the hen breast like a e-book, utilizing a skewer or cocktail keep on with seal it shut if wanted.
To get the potatoes prepared, merely reduce them in half and toss them within the olive oil and seasonings.
Lay the hen breasts within the air fryer basket then organize the potatoes round them in a single even layer.
I air fry them on 185C however all the time have a play and see what works greatest on your particular person air fryer.
My Air Fryer Pesto Rooster Recipe
This gluten free air fryer pesto hen recipe is a straightforward and fast dinner recipe.
Everybody will find it irresistible and if you do not have an air fryer I’ve put directions for cooking it within the oven beneath too.
Although I do extremely suggest getting an air fryer as they have been an absolute game-changer for me within the kitchen.
I additionally shared this recipe on my Instagram web page so hopefully this video will show how simple that is to make:
And please do go away a evaluate to let others know you really liked it too! It could imply the world to me.
- 2 hen breasts
- 2 tbsp pesto (I used do-it-yourself)
- Half a ball of mozzarella (sliced)
- 400g child potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Sea salt
- Butterfly the hen breasts and open them up. Smear 1 tbsp pesto over each after which place 2 mozzarella slices in every.
- Shut the hen again up once more (you should utilize a skewer or cocktail stick to maintain it in place) and place within the air fryer basket.
- Lower the child potatoes in half and add to a bowl with the olive oil, garlic granules, Italian seasoning and a beneficiant serving to of salt. Toss to coat then empty into the air fryer basket in a fair layer across the hen.
- Cook dinner at 185C for 20 minutes and serve. If utilizing the oven, cook dinner on a baking tray at 200C for 25-Half-hour till the hen is cooked via.
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of different affiliate packages, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Quantity Per Serving: Energy: 467Whole Fats: 13gSaturated Fats: 3gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 9gLdl cholesterol: 108mgSodium: 444mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 5gSugar: 2gProtein: 44g
Want extra gluten free recipe inspiration?
Listed here are some extra gluten free dinner recipes you possibly can check out as soon as you have made this Gluten Free Air Fryer Pesto Rooster recipe.
When you’ve got any recipe ideas, please let me know within the feedback what you’d wish to see subsequent!
Like this Air Fryer Pesto Rooster recipe?
Be sure you comply with me on Pinterest and pin this recipe card below for later!
In regards to the writer
Sarah Howells is a UK gluten free blogger and writer. She has been residing with coeliac illness since 2002. Her debut recipe e-book, Delicious Gluten Free Meals, is out in September.